Newsweek magazine devised the following UFO Sighting credibility scale:
- One point for sightings with multiple witnesses
- Additional point for an expert witness (a pilot, air traffic controller, military or government official)
- One point for sightings of an object <500 feet away
- One point for picture evidence
- Additional point for film of a moving UFO
- Additional point for flight inconsistent with flight as humans know it.
- Two points for a physical effect (e.g., car light breaks, extreme heat, scorch marks on ground)
- Three points for seeing an animated pilot
- Minus three points if military/government body discredits sighting
This book, reviewing startling reports from qualified observers such as pilots, generals and government officials convinces me there is real substance in many UFO reports.